Nanocyl SA is a worldwide industry leader in the development, manufacturing and sales of multiwall
carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) and MWCNT-based formulated products. Nanocyl focuses on the current
challenges of the Energy, Transport and Electronic markets, and is doing so by delivering high quality
products and providing unique technical support worldwide.
About the energy storage business unit
MWCNT are used as performance conductive agent in electrode structure of various Energy Storage
applications. The Energy Storage Business Unit (BU) focuses on commercial and technical
developments of MWCNT and MWCNT dispersions for various Energy Storage applications, with a
focus on Lithium-ion batteries. Designing the proper characterization methods and continuously
evaluating our products in new generation cells is key to succeed.
Your role and key responsibilities
- Based on the priorities and objectives defined with the BU manager, you coordinate the
evaluation of Nanocyl development products (MWCNT and MWCNT dispersions) for battery
applications. Such evaluation is performed with external research centers and partners, which
- You manage internally the development of adequate test methods for the targeted application
based on the available budget. Based on your expertise, you make suggestions on how to
improve the testing capabilities.
- You report to the BU manager and make sound product improvement recommendations to
the team based on solid data analysis and business rationale. That means that you perform
data analysis, interpretation, report-writing, and delivering presentations internally or
externally with sound and timely recommendations;
- You work in collaboration with researchers and lab technicians to plan, coordinate and
prioritize the development work. You contribute to lab technicians’ supervision and training
for electrode testing related activities. You are responsible for various laboratory equipment.
- You follow up and manage external development projects with partners, customers and
prospects involved in the battery value chain. You also actively participate in other externallyfunded
projects related to battery applications.
- In agreement with the BU manager and by transferring the knowledge gained at the technical
level, you also manage some business development accounts active in the battery industry or
using Nanocyl’s liquid dispersions, and that are still in the development phase. You represent
Nanocyl at these accounts and follow up on their project implementation. You have direct
interaction with customers to provide technical expertise, assistance and resolution of
- You participate in trade events linked to the battery industry. You share your existing or gained
expertise to guide the marketing efforts of the team. You contribute to the battery industry
and market analysis.
The profile we are looking for
- You have a strong technical background in battery materials selection, processing, testing and/or
characterization but you are also interested in business development and interaction with the battery
- You have a Master degree in material science, chemical engineering or (electro)chemistry, with
ideally >3 years of experience in the lithium-ion battery industry.
- You have experience in at least one of the below areas (considered as a strong asset):
- Li-ion battery electrode processing & electrochemical analysis;
- Project management and business development throughout the battery value chain.
- You demonstrate excellence in application of theories and principle of technical specialty, with
hands-on capability to set up experimental trials in the laboratory.
- You are able to ask probing questions to understand product and market requirements and to
convey these customer technical requirements back to the internal organization in order to
develop a right approach and to implement a successful project.
- You are able to work independently under general guidance and drive projects to completion;
you are well organized and have excellent planning skills. You are able to prioritize your work
in line with the team objectives.
- You are a good communicator with the ability to present to and interface with different
departments (R&D, commercial, quality control and production), with profiles from different
backgrounds and seniority levels (scientists, managers, upper management), both internally
and externally with international customers and suppliers.
- You thrive on making a difference and display a high degree of self-motivation, maturity,
honesty and integrity; you are also a compassionate and true team player with strong
- You foster a strong commitment to safety and overall environmental responsibility.
- You have a complete knowledge of MS office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- You are fluent in English and French, both verbal and written.
- You are available to travel up to 30%, if necessary.
- No strict “nine-to-five” mentality (we work with the US, Europe and Asia).
How to apply?
At Nanocyl, we provide a supportive working environment in a highly technical industry, and a range
of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive salary package and benefits.
If you wish to apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
and firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Battery Application and Business Development