THERMOCYL™ provides protection for construction substrates, including metal, concrete, wood, plaster and fiberboard.
THERMOCYL™ also offers architects, specifiers, engineers and builders an array of flexible and cost-efficient solutions:
- Excellent thermal barrier even at low coating thicknesses
- Fast curing solutions and shortened curing time for off-site coating
- No intumescing, creating more design flexibility
- Better scratch resistance when handling
- No use of solvents or water
- Very low smoke density and toxicity
The Reaction-to-Fire class specifies the tests for measuring the contribution of the material to a fire, whereas the Fire Resistance Class gives a measure of how long a material can maintain its functions in an unstoppable, fully developed fire.
The European Standard EN 13501 governs these classifications:
- Part 1: Reaction-to-Fire except for flooring
- Part 2: Fire Resistance (excluding service installations)
- Part 3: Fire Resistance for service installations (excluding ventilation)
- Part 4: Fire Resistance for ventilation systems
- Part 5: Reaction-to-Fire for roofing
For oil rigs, THERMOCYL™ coatings pass the NORSOK standards, and meet ISO EN13501 requirements.