SIZICYL™ is a new generation of sizing agent for improving the mechanical properties in composite materials. This sizing polymer solution, containing carbon nanotubes technology, allows for higher mechanical adhesion between the fiber and the matrix, and also improves conductivity.
Injection processes for composites are prone to the filtering effect of the fillers in the network of the fabric. SIZICYL avoids this drawback by introducing the carbon nanotubes directly at the surface of the fiber, and moreover, it can be tuned to reinforce both the matrix and the fiber/matrix adhesion at the same time.
With its versatile profile, SIZICYL is compatible with a host of reinforcement materials, including carbon, glass and aramide, and is suitable for applications in the automotive, sports, marine and aerospace market sectors.
Key Advantages of SIZICYL™
- Versatile solution that can be included in every process
- Provides efficient and unique solution for the injection processes
- Reinforces mechanical properties of the final composite (fiber and matrix)
- Can be applied at different levels of the production of the reinforcement material
- Improves overall electrical conductivity
|Grade||Technical Data Sheet|
|SIZICYL™ XC R2G||
TDS SIZICYL XC R2G short-V02 (pdf - 370.59 kB)